Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bless this food

I'm teaching Biscuit a blessing to say before we eat. It's very simple, something I think he can learn with no problem. It goes ...

"Bless this food, for our good. Amen."

It started with me saying each word, and Biscuit repeating the words after me.

Then, he started saying some of the words a split second after me and some even at the same time as me.

Next, he figured out that if he let me say the word "good" at the end, he could skip right from "our" to "Amen." He was quite proud of himself.

But tonight was the kicker. Jeff and I laughed so hard.

Biscuit was saying the blessing with me, and I said, "for," but Biscuit had lost his concentration. So I repeated it. "For," I said, then he said, "five, six, seven, eight, nine, TEN!!!"

Jeff and I started laughing, and Biscuit just stared at us like we were crazy.

Then we got to the end, and I said, "Amen," and Biscuit said, "Awww, MAN!"

Not quite the same, Mr. Biscuit. But hey, it's a work in progress.

No comments: