Monday, August 27, 2018

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:

Shut the door: I don't like it when someone leaves cabinet doors open. It just bugs me. And Jeff and Biscuit both know that and are really good about making sure they don't leave them open.

The other day, Biscuit got a plate from the cabinet and left it standing wide open.

Then he put a couple of slices of leftover pizza on the plate, opened the microwave, put the plate in, turned on the microwave, took the plate from the microwave, left the microwave door wide open and set his plate down on the table. Then he sat down at the table and started to sprinkle Parmesan cheese on his pizza. 

I looked at the two open doors, and just before I nagged him about leaving them open, I got a reminder as I saw him picking up his pizza slice with his left hand.

After thinking about it for a minutes, I thought that for a kid with a broken wrist, he did a great job of making his own lunch. And the least I could do was close the cabinet and microwave doors for him without saying anything.


Two against one: Jeff asked me a question the other night, and then questioned my answer.

I just looked at him and said, "Trust me."

He said, "Yeah, but are you sure that it's right?"

"Yes," I said. "If you weren't going to trust my answer, you shouldn't have asked me."

"Well ..." Jeff said. 

" Truuuuuuust me," I told him.

Biscuit was in the living room and heard the whole conversation.

"Dad," Biscuit said. "This is Mom we're talking about. Just trust her. You know it's the right thing to do."

"Yeah, Dad," I said to Jeff with a smile. "Trust me."

No comments: