Thursday, August 9, 2018

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:


Stormy weather: Biscuit has never been afraid of thunderstorms, but when thunder booms loud enough to rattle the windows, and lightning flashes so bright it lights up the living room, any person with a brain would be a little rattled.

"Ugh!" Biscuit said. 

"What's wrong, dude?" I asked him.

"I just want to yell really loudly, 'Don't push my nerves, lightning!' he said.

"I agree with that 100 percent," I told him.


Mixed up food: We were at a Mexican restaurant talking about all the stuff on the menu. I asked Biscuit what he was going to order.

"I think I'll have pepperoni pizza," he said with a smile.

"Okay, that sounds good," I replied.

He looked at me, clearly bothered that I didn't question him about ordering Italian food at a Mexican restaurant.

"Mom," he said, "do you not understand that pepperoni pizza at a Mexican place would be disgraceful?"

"I didn't know you felt so strongly about it, dude," I said.



Just 5 more minutes: Biscuits bed time in the summer isn't as regimented as it is during the summer. So during the school year, I have to nag him sometimes to go get ready for bed.

We were watching a movie one evening, and I knew Biscuit was not going to like missing the ending.

"It's time for your shower," I said one evening before school was out for the summer.

"But I want to see the Hollywood ending," Biscuit said.

"What do you  mean?" I asked him.

"You know," he said. "It's the best part, when everything comes out ok."

"Well, we have this on DVD," I told him. "You can watch the Hollywood ending another evening."

No comments: