Saturday, August 4, 2018

Going lefty

Biscuit is doing real well to have two broken bones in his wrist. If you remember, it took until he was 5 before he decided which hand he wanted to use anyway. It seems like he's got some of that left-handedness left over. 

He's been brushing his teeth on his own. And he can handle bathroom stuff on his own. But yesterday, he was so proud because he got dressed and combed his hair, all by himself.

I made a big fuss and told him I was really proud of him. 

I tried to get my shirt on that day with one hand, and I can tell you, it's hard!



He been doing some pretty good playing, too. This battle was set up with all kinds of soldiers, including some that were cowboys, firefighters and police officers. They were the good guys.

There was a bad guys team, too. It was in front of Biscuit angled to the right. It was funny to watch him scoot across the floor to get from one side to the other.


We've realized that Biscuit will still have his cast on when school starts. So he thought he should practice writing his name with his left hand.

We went out for lunch, and the back of the kids' menu was blank. So we all took turns writing our names with our non-dominant hands — Jeff and Biscuit with their left and me with my right.

I think Biscuit's tongue must have helped him in some way. He wrote it better when his tongue was hanging out.



He's worried about school, but I told him we'd get everything worked out with his teacher. He's sad about not getting to play piano and guitar, but he is getting to play games on his tablet and watch a lot more TV and movies than usual. And he's not complaining.


No comments: