Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Biscuit serves and protects

If you remember, we left for out vacation on a Saturday, then spent the night at the hotel where Biscuit got to swim. 

We checked out of our hotel and drove about 45 minutes to get to the car show Jeff wanted to go to. He was excited, and Biscuit and I were ... well ... we were happy Jeff was happy.

I'm not sure what it is about the town where the car show is held, but it is always hot. I mean HOT! We had hats and sunscreen, but I somehow didn't put it on my feet. I still have tan lines from the sandals I wore that day.

I told Jeff to lead the way, and Biscuit and I would follow.

We walked into one of the exhibition buildings, and what do we find, but a replica of the police car from "Adam-12." Jeff and Biscuit were both smitten. They've spent many hours watching that show together. And they've also spent many hours pretending to be the main two characters - Officers Reed and Malloy.

Biscuit and Jeff started looking at the car and all the memorabilia around it. The guy who did the car has quite a collection. Since it was part of the exhibit, the car was behind the chains.





Jeff had this lunchbox and thermos when he was a kid.



The guy who crafted the car and collected all the stuff saw Biscuit's interest and came over to talk to him.

And talking led to a trip over the chain.

The man asked Biscuit, "Would you like to come over and sit in the car? You can wear the hat, too."

Officer Biscuit is ready to protect and serve.



And after he served his time as a police officer, Biscuit sat down in the middle of the crowded hall and started watching episodes on a tiny DVD player.


Biscuit and I got our fill of the car show before Jeff did, so we ventured out on our own. We watched some of the awards presentations. And then we headed to the food court for some ice cream.


Are you familiar with Dippin' Dots? It's very weird stuff!
These little pellets melt in your mouth and turn into ice cream.

On our way back to the car, we walked past a fire station. This big truck was parked out back. Biscuit stared so hard at it that he stumbled off the sidewalk.

"Why don't you go over there?" I asked him.

"For real, Mom?" Biscuit asked.

"Yes," I said. "Take a walk all the way around it, but don't touch anything."

He did, and then he was ready to go.

No comments: