Monday, March 2, 2015

On display

Until Biscuit started school, he almost never wanted to draw or color or make crafty-type things. He's always been more hands-on, wanting to race his cars or fly his planes (and now superheroes) around everywhere.

But once he started bringing home pictures and artwork he had created, he wanted me to hang them up so we could see them. I have the house pretty much decorated, including some of the large photo collage frames that feature members of our family. So there isn't a lot of wall space left. Plus, to be quite honest, I don't want to put tape on my walls.

I know a lot of people use the fridge for artwork, but our fridge is covered in family and friend photos. So our only option was the glass on the French doors in the kitchen. And they get full fast.

So I started looking around for ideas online. And I quickly became overwhelmed with possibilities. Some of those crafty websites are just overwhelming!

But I kept looking until I found a quick and easy way to display Biscuit's artwork. I had everything I needed except paint. So I ran to the craft store (on the way to pick up pizza for dinner ... I can't do crafts and cook on the same night!) and picked out a pretty light blue.

It's basically a strip of wood with clothespins glued to it. You can't get much easier than that.

And here's how it turned out.

There still room on either end, so I might add another clothespin
on either side. We can display even more pictures.

When we moved into the house, and I saw this triangle
wall under the stairs, I knew it would be a good place to
display some of the photos Jeff has taken for sports stories.
And Biscuit's artwork display fit perfectly right under it.

No comments: