Sunday, October 12, 2014

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:


Lady Liberty: Most of the time, there's no way to know where Biscuit hears things. But it sure is a lot of fun when he throws his new-found knowledge into normal conversation.

I was cooking dinner, and Biscuit walked into the kitchen. With no lead-in whatsoever, he said, "Mom, I just love that Statue of Liberty. It greets you if it's your first time in New York. She looks like this." And he proceeded to stand really straight with his arm up in the air like he was holding a torch.

And before I could ask why he was thinking about Lady Liberty, he was gone.


Manners? Sometimes, you just have to shake your head.

"Mom, can I go poo?" Biscuit said, then paused. "Or I could also say, "Can I please be excused to go poo? I used that word because it sounded more scientific."




Playing firefighter. Biscuit was all decked out in his firefighter gear in the living room. There was a line of police officers (blue) and firefighters (red) lined up and ready to assist the civilians. Apparently, there was a BIG emergency, and all the people had to evacuate.

Let me interrupt myself and say that I love that Biscuit works hard to use the right word at the right time. He loves opposite words. But sometimes the opposites just aren't quite as clear cut as they should be.

So after the fire was put out and the emergency was under control, Biscuit held up his hands like a megaphone and shouted, "Okay, everyone! You can unevacuate now!"

No comments: