Thursday, June 6, 2013

Now I get it

I love to see kids with painted faces. I guess it's because they didn't really do facepaint when I was a kid ... well, except for Halloween.

So every time we go to a festival or kids' event, I ask Biscuit if he wants to get his face painted.

We've seen some faces with some of his favorite characters, including super heroes, and he always makes a fuss over them.

And it seems like nowadays, EVERY event has facepainting.

But even though Biscuit loves to see kids with painted faces, every time I ask him if he'd like to have it done, he says no.

I also bought him some of the rub-on tattoos. Spider-Man tattoos! (Which he at first called "tattunes.") He wouldn't let me put one of those on him, either.

Biscuit has never liked having dirty hands, so I figured that had something to do with him not wanting to have facepaint or kid tattoos. I finally had a conversation with him about it.

"Why don't you want to have your face painted?" I asked him.

"Mom," Biscuit said in a very exasperated tone. "I like my face the way it is."

"I LOVE your face," I told him, "but don't you think it would be fun to have cool colors on your face?"

"No, Mom," he said. "I like my face the same color it is."

Then it dawned on me. He thought that if you got your face painted, it stayed that way!

"You do know that the facepaint washes off, right?" I asked him.

"It DOES?!" he said with his eyes getting big.

So now, he's gung-ho to go somewhere with facepainters.

Anybody know a festival coming up?

No comments: