Sunday, June 9, 2013

A mama's proud moment

My baby boy got his first tattoo today!

He stared at the pack of rub-on tattoos off an on all morning. After his nap this afternoon, he brought them over to me and said, "Mom, would you put a tattoo on me? I'm ready."

I had a hard time not laughing because he was so serious. It's like he had put a lot of thought into this thing that would go on his arm and last for a few days.

"Of course I will," I told him, and we headed into the kitchen.

They come on sheets, so I cut out the one he wanted, then put it design-side down on his arm. I rubbed a wet papertowel over the top as we counted off 30 seconds. Then I carefully peeled off the backing paper. And my boy got a HUGE grin on his face.

"Check it out, Mom!" he said. "It ... is ... SOOOOO ... cool!"

Here's my boy's new tattoo:


There's a glare on it, but it's
Spider-Man striking a pose.

No comments: