Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently: 


That's not it: "I spy with my little eye something gray," Biscuit said.

"Hmmmm," said Grandmama. "Could it be that bucket over there?"

"That's what I'm not talking about, Grandmama," Biscuit said. Grandmama kept guessing and figured out it was her silver car, but she was smiling the whole time about how Biscuit answered her.


It ain't braggin' if it's true: Biscuit was practicing rhyming words with Grandmama. They were both sharing all the words they could think of that rhymed.

Biscuit: cat, sat, rat, bat
Grandmama: bake, lake, wake, fake
Biscuit: log, frog, dog ... Hey, Grandmama, I'm pretty good at this rhyming. 

No lack of confidence there.


It's still there: On the way to our family reunion, we went through a tiny town that used to be a stagecoach stop. Mama has pictures of my brother and me standing beside the well, so she asked if we could take Biscuit's picture there, too.

While they were posing for photos, Biscuit saw a red car that looked like mine heading down the road. He turned to look at me with a really concerned look on his face.

"Mom, did our car leave us?" Biscuit asked.

"No, baby," I said, trying not to laugh. "Our car is waiting for us right over there."


 
A new song: My sister-in-law took Biscuit to their church while he was staying with them. He learned a song that he sang to Jeff and me tonight. He put his hands out in front of him to look like an open book. 

And according to Biscuit, the song goes like this ...

Open up your Bible,
Spray every day,
And grow, grow, grow


Money, money, money: "Dad, I want to be a firefighter when I grow up," Biscuit said. "What do you want to be, Dad?"

"I want to be RICH!" Jeff said.

"Um, Dad, what does a 'rich' do?" Biscuit asked.

"Whatever he wants," Jeff said.

No comments: