Monday, May 21, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

This past week has been crazy busy hectic. Jeff and I were off work, so we decided to take a short anniversary trip. We celebrated our ninth anniversary on May 3, but neither of us could take time off to celebrate. 

We also visited my parents, went to a surprise party and attended a family reunion. We spent many hours in our car on the road, in and out of three states. We saw tons of people (old friends, new acquaintances, relatives and strangers). And we ate my Mama's cooking, Southern home-cooking, seafood, junk food, birthday cake, potluck, pizza and more.

I'll share more about our week later, but for right now, here are a few things Biscuit has been saying lately.


Good logic: Biscuit and I were sitting in a parking lot when a loud truck went by.

"Mom, what was that?" Biscuit asked.

"That was a loud truck," I said. "It was a truck that needs a muffler."

"Where's he going, Mom?" Biscuit asked.

"I don't know," I answered.

"Maybe he's going to the muffler store to get a muffler," Biscuit said.

"Maybe he is," I said. 


Flavors and colors: We got ice cream one night last week. Jeff had a sundae. I had a scoop of orange sherbet. And Biscuit had a kid-size scoop of chocolate.

"Dad, what do you have?" Biscuit asked.

"I have a hot fudge sundae with New York cheesecake ice cream," Jeff said.

"Mom, what do you have?" Biscuit asked.

"I have sherbet. It's orange," I said.

"Yours is orange, Mom?" Biscuit asked. "Mine is brown."

"No," I said. "My FLAVOR is orange."

"And my flavor is brown," Biscuit said. Sometimes you just have to let it go and hope he'll figure it out eventually.
 

Being polite: "Dad, can I have some apple juice, please?" Biscuit asked Jeff.

"Yes," Jeff said. "You know why?"

"Yep. Because I asked nicely," Biscuit said. Except he turned "nice-ah-ly" into a three-syllable word. "And you know what else, Dad?"

"What?" Jeff asked.

"That silly lion thinks he can be in the circus. Lions can't be in the circus. They belong in the zoo."

Maybe we need to have a few lessons in zoology and geography.

1 comment:

Her Hollyness said...

I'm down with teaching him about where lions REALLY come from, but I'm so impressed he knows lions should be in zoos and not circii!