Monday, May 28, 2012

A day at the park

Jeff, Biscuit and I met another couple and their little boy at a park near here for a picnic and a fun afternoon.

The park has several playgrounds, a fully restored Dentzel carousel, a miniature train and several other carnival-type kiddie rides.

Biscuit and his friend played well all afternoon, but by the end of the day, they were both ready to head home. As a matter of fact, Biscuit was asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car.

For our picnic, we took supplies to make PB&J sandwiches, chips, brownies and watermelon. I know I could've scaled down for simplicity, but I love picnics, and my boys don't, so I have to take my chances where I can get them.

Neither of the boys could concentrate on their sandwiches for fear that the rides would shut down before they could get on. We finally resorted to the threat that "if you don't eat your sandwich, you don't ride any rides." It worked, and we got some food in both boys.

For the most part, both boys agreed on which ride would be next. And the few times they did disagree, we were able to talk one or the other of them into compromising.

The park is really nice, and we hope to go back there soon.

Here are a few photos:













No comments: