Sunday, May 6, 2012

Biscuit's belly update

Biscuit is doing well today. 

Apparently, hot dogs are evil. I knew this already. I only eat hot dogs at cookouts and ball games. But as far as Biscuit is concerned, it will be a long, long time before he gets to have another one.

Biscuit slept with me in our bed last night. I wrapped Jeff's pillow in a towel and spread a towel on the bed under him. I sent Jeff to the guest room to sleep. He didn't like that idea too much because he wanted to be close if something happened. But I told him he would clearly hear me yelling if something happened.

Biscuit woke me up at 7:45 this morning just chatting away as usual. He seemed fine.

My Mama had told me about B.R.A.T. eating after a stomach bug. It's bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. We didn't have any bananas, and Biscuit doesn't eat rice. So for breakfast this morning, I gave him applesauce and toast. He ran around and played the rest of the morning like nothing had ever happened.

He's down for a nap right now and seems to be sleeping well.

I asked Biscuit at lunch how he would feel about having a babysitter this evening so Jeff and I could go out for a late anniversary dinner.

"Mom, I'm not a baby," Biscuit said.

"I know you're not a baby," I said. '"The word 'babysitter' just means that we have somebody come over and hang out with you while Dad and I go out for dinner."

"And you'll come back?" Biscuit asked.

"Of COURSE we'll come back," I said.

It also didn't hurt that I told him we were ordering some pizza for him and his babysitters to enjoy.

No comments: