Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thank you for letting me know

I was in the laundry room just now, loading clothes in the washer, and Biscuit walked up behind me and was trying to tell me something.

I couldn't understand what he was saying over the noise of the washing machine. So we walked into the kitchen, and then it all became clear.

He held his index finger up in the air and said, "Get boogah, Mom?"

He had picked his nose and a sizable, gooey prize was balancing on the top of his finger.

So I grabbed a tissue, and we got things cleaned up.

He said, "Thanks, Mom. Get boogah out."

"Thank YOU for telling me about it," I said back to him.

I figured if I encouraged him, he might tell me again instead of me having to find that prize on the coffee table or the couch or some other place.

I know they have to learn everything ... from how to eat to ABCs to getting dressed ... EVERYthing. But I honestly never thought about needing to teach him what to do with things he found in his nose!

Oh well. One more lesson learned!