Sunday, December 5, 2010

Playing in the snow

Jeff was warm and comfy in his sweats and slippers. The last thing he wanted was to do was bundle up and take Biscuit outside in the snow. After all, when he was a kid, he dealt with snow from late October until April. But after I reminded him that this would be the first time Biscuit played in the snow, and what with my whooping cough and all, Jeff begrudgingly got dressed and took Biscuit outside.

And yes, you read correctly. I have whooping cough! Can you believe that? It sounds like something out of the 1890s. I got three shots and two types of medicine. It's been pretty rough, but hopefully, I'm on the upswing.

Luckily, Biscuit has had enough of his pertussis vaccinations that he was able to fend it off. And unlike mine, Jeff's titer was still effective, so he didn't get the cough, either.

Anyway, back to the snow fun ...

I had already put Biscuit's snow hat on. But he decided he needed his baseball cap on, too.



























This hat makes it look like Biscuit has pigtails! Those overalls are great. They are waterproof and lined with fleece, so Biscuit was toasty warm while he played.



























Did I bundle him up enough? I felt kinda bad because the mittens I put on him didn't have thumbs. Plus, I put them on before I put on his coat, so they were
tucked under his sleeves, and he couldn't have gotten them off it he had wanted to. He did manage to pick up a stick without using thumbs, but he couldn't make a snowball. Jeff had to make them for him.



No comments: