Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ready. Set. Go!

You never know what words, phrases or actions kids are going to latch on to. Like this one that has been going on at our house.

For the past couple of days, Biscuit has been standing really still, then saying, “Set. Go!” and taking off running. He’s not racing with anybody. He’s standing by himself when he does it. It’s really funny to watch him do it.


So I asked Jeff, “Have you been having races or something with Biscuit? He’s been doing the ready-set-go thing.” He said no.


Then I asked the day care teachers if they had been talking about it or maybe it was in a book they had read. They said no.


Then I traced it back. Two of my friends babysat Biscuit on Sunday afternoon so Jeff and I could go to lunch and a movie.


I had dinner with one of the friends last night, and I asked her if she knew anything about it. I immediately knew the answer because she had a big smile on her face when she said, “Why do you ask?”


I finally got it out of her that while we were gone Sunday, they had races in Biscuit’s Cozy Coupe car, and sure enough, they started each race with “Ready. Set. Go!”


I made sure both of my baby-sitting friends knew that I thought it was funny, and that I was just glad they had fun with Biscuit.


But then I had second thoughts about telling them that he was repeating something they had said. Now they know how susceptible he is. And now they know they can teach him to do and say whatever they want. I wonder what they'll teach him next time they babysit? Now I'm REALLY scared!

1 comment:

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha..... Oh yes. Sure. We'll babysit for you again. Hee-hee-hee-hee-hee......

Anyone else want to vote on what words they would most like to have Griffin learn?