Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New toys

I love a good deal, and we got one tonight.

As you know, our Biscuit has been whore obsessed ... I mean, horse obsessed. So I've been on the hunt for a toddler-size rocking horse. I was also hoping to find one that wasn't as big as our house. Lord knows the child has enough toys already!

I looked at new horses. They run about $70. But I was really excited when I went to Craigslist and found exactly what I was looking for being sold by someone who lives in one of my friend's neighborhoods for $20.

When we got to their house, Biscuit went straight for the horse. He tried to get on but it had the safety seat on it. It's made for 1-year-olds up to 3-year-olds. But we could tell that he loved it even without being able to get on it.

Jeff handed over the $20 and started walking to the car with the horse. And Biscuit immediately jumped on the seat of
a tricycle that was sitting right next to where the horse was. The woman said, "That's for sale, too, if you're interested." She said she'd take $10 for it. The trike looked brand new. She bought it for her daughter, but the little girl wasn't interested. The good thing is that I had checked the price of those trikes, too, and they run about $30.

So we got $100 worth of toys for $30. I like good deals.

Here are pictures of what we got. (And of course, I'll post pictures or videos of him using them as soon as I can.)

The horse has a rocker base, so Biscuit can bounce on it or rock on it. He also has crinkly ears that Biscuit likes to squeeze.






















The tricycle has a push handle so we can help him learn to ride it. Until then, the handle folds under to make a rocker.



No comments: