Saturday, April 24, 2010

Where everybody knows his name

Biscuit made it through his first week of the toddler room, despite the massive amount of worrying I've done. I realize there was no reason to worry, thousands of kids have transitioned perfectly well from the infant room to the toddler room, but hey, worrying is one of the things I do best!

Friday morning eased my worries, though. Biscuit and I walked into the toddler room and about 6 or 8 kids ran over to greet him. "Griffin. Giffin. Gwiffin. Fiffin." There were 6 or 8 kids and 6 or 8 pronunciations of Biscuit's name!

I told Jeff, "It was just like on "Cheers" when Norm walked into the room."

One little boy even came over with a ball and handed it to Biscuit."Here, ball," the little boy said. "Ball," Griffin said.

I translated this conversation to mean ...

Little boy: "Good morning my friend Griffin. How are you this lovely morning?"

Biscuit: "Just fine, thank you, and you? Shall we run screaming to the other side of the room and play with the ball you just handed me?"

So that's what they did.

I did get a quick half-wave goodbye and a smile. So I figured I could start my day feeling okay.

No comments: