Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter at the beach

We got to spend some time at the beach while we were in Wilmington.

Saturday morning was a little creepy. It was so foggy when we got up that we couldn't even see the boats out our balcony door. We walked across the street to the beach and even standing on the sand, you could hear the ocean, but you couldn't see it. It was really creepy!

We decided to give Biscuit an Easter egg hunt on the beach. He picked up a couple of eggs, but he was more interested in chasing the sea gulls. Needless to say, they didn't like him as much as he liked them.

Biscuit had a hard time walking in the sand. We kept moving him down closer to the water on the packed sand, t
hinking he would like walking there better. But every time, he would move right back into the softer, deeper sand. I finally figured out that he was freaking out about the ocean. He didn't want to have anything to do with it.

We picked up
some sea shells for Biscuit to take back to preschool. One of his teachers said she has a jar of seashells at home that she would add his to. He didn't understand that, but I thought it was really sweet.

We didn't want the Easter bunny to have to find Biscuit at the hotel in Wilmington, so I just decided to pack a basket for him myself. Not smart on my part, I hadn't put the basket in a bag
yet when we were still packing.

I was sticking stuff in bags and Biscuit walks into the bedroom and says, "Book. Book." And without even looking, I said, "Yeah, book."

Then he walked out for a few minutes, then came back. "Ball," he said. "Yeah, ball," I said.

This went on three or four times before it occurred to me to see what books and balls he was playing with. And guess what? They were books and eggs from his Easter basket! He had emptied the whole thing. I put everything back in, double-bagged it and stuck it straight in the car.


He didn't seem to mind Sunday morning when he got to take everything back out of it again.

I talked to Mama, and she was telling me about her church's sunrise service. I told her that being able to sit on the sand with the morning sun shining on my face, I didn't need a church to have a worship service. That was about as spiritual as you can get.

The whole wedding/Easter weekend was great. The wedding was beautiful. Our small little Easter celebration was great. It was overall just a good trip.

Oh yeah, and the boy still likes to travel, which is just an added blessing.





No comments: