Sunday, July 26, 2009

Still fireworks friendly

Jeff, Biscuit and I went to a Greensboro Grasshoppers game last night with some friends. We had six tickets, but unfortunately, two of our group couldn't make it.

We missed having them there, but with two empty seats, it worked out well because we had room for Biscuit's stuff without being crowded in our seats. We wheeled him from the car to the game in his umbrella stroller and had his diaper bag. It probably doesn't sound like those two things would take up a lot of room, but you'd be surprised.

Some of the seats on the row in front of us were open, so Jeff spent most of the game sitting there, which gave us even more space and left an empty seat, so Biscuit had his very own spot.

Biscuit was a little rowdier during this game than he was at the last one we went to. He's had some teething pain, and he's a little more mobile now, so he didn't like being confined to our laps. Jeff took him on a couple of walks just to give him something new to look at, but overall he was still really good.

I knew there would be fireworks after the game, and I was a little concerned about how Biscuit would react. My worries were for nothing because the game went to 12 innings and by then, Biscuit was fast asleep. Enough people had left at that point that I set his stroller up in the aisle beside my seat and fastened him in so he'd be more comfortable.

Right before the fireworks started, I grabbed him out of his stroller and held his head against my chest and put my hand pretty tight against his ear. He slept through the entire fireworks display. It was a really nice display, too. The show included some I had never seen before.

There were two pretty girls in the row in front of us. They turned around to see how he had handled the fireworks. They thought it was pretty funny that he slept through the commotion.

I told them that the funny part was that their long, pretty, brown hair almost became the victim of Biscuit's little hands several times during the game.

No comments: