Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm stuck on you

Biscuit and I have a little game we play. He lies flat on his back, and I say, "Lie down." Then I hold out my fingers, he grabs on and pulls into a sitting position, and I say, "Sit up." Then while still holding onto my fingers, he gets into a standing position, and I say, "Stand up." Then I hug him and pat him on the back, saying, "Good job. Good job." And he laughs like it's the greatest thing ever, and we do it again.

So yesterday, I thought it would be fun to say the phrases and see what he could do on his own. I was so excited and surprised when I put him on the bed and said, "Sit up." And he rolled around a little bit and sat up on his own. I knew he couldn't stand on his own, so I helped him out.

I called Jeff into the bedroom to watch Biscuit's new trick. I put him on the bed and said, "Sit up." Nothing happened. I said it again ... "Sit up." And nothing.

I just figured it was stage fright or that he was too distracted by Jeff being there. So I tried one more time. Biscuit tried to move and suddenly Jeff started laughing.

The bib Biscuit was wearing had come unfastened in the back. It had a Velcro closure, and the sticky side was now stuck to the comforter on our bed. So Biscuit was stuck to the bed, too.

Biscuit has hated the sound of Velcro being ripped apart since the day he arrived. Maybe he knew that Velcro would one day be his downfall.

No comments: