Thursday, March 19, 2009

Biscuit on wheels

We took Griffin for his first stroller ride on a recent Saturday at Bur-Mil Park. They have nice, paved walking trails that run alongside Lake Higgins. It's very pretty, and we took lots of pictures.

And if you take a look at the picture to the right, you'll see why Jeff doesn't get to push the stroller anymore!

Then my friend Sadie (she has a 1-year-old) and I took our boys to the mall Sunday afternoon. And I can tell you that learning to operate a stroller at the mall is a whole new set of skills.

First off, Sadie knows where all the elevators are. (And just so you know, the department store elevators are way more stroller-friendly that the ones in the middle of the mall.)
Secondly, some of the racks in the stores are so close that you can barely get a stroller through, much less if you have a kid old enough to start grabbing things.

And lastly, getting the stroller, kid, diaper bag, any purchases and yourself in and out of the car is quite an adventure all its own!

But I think after spending the day there with an experienced stroller-handler like Sadie, I'm ready for a trip on my own.

No comments: