Friday, March 6, 2009

Talking to Biscuit

I love to hear Jeff and Biscuit talking to each other. Granted, Biscuit doesn't so much talk as he coos, yells, squeals and babbles. But still, they often seem to be having conversations that make perfect since.

When we first brought Biscuit home, Jeff said he didn't know what to say to him. I told him that it didn't even have to make sense, he just needed to let Biscuit get used to his voice. So I was happy one day close to Christmas when I heard Jeff just talking away to Biscuit in the living room. I walked quietly through the kitchen to eavesdrop. Then I realized that Jeff wasn't talking to Biscuit, he was reading to him. And what was he reading? The instruction manual to the GPS he got as a gift from his parents.

In this perfect sing-songy voice, Jeff said, "Before you use you Garmin GPS, you first have to let the battery run completely down."

But like I said, it doesn't matter what you're saying, just as long as you're talking.

No comments: