Sunday, January 22, 2017

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently: 


Be yourself: Biscuit doesn't like milk on his cereal. He actually doesn't eat cereal that often, but when he does, he just wants it in a bowl with a spoon. And he drinks milk with it.

Jeff and I were teasing him about it the other morning.

"That's just weird," I said. "How can you eat cereal without milk?"

"I HAVE milk, Mom," Biscuit said. "It's just not on top of my cereal."

"Dude!" Jeff said. "It's crazy to eat cereal without milk."

This continued for a few minutes, and Biscuit was giving it as good as he was getting it.

About 5 minutes later, Biscuit got a serious look on his face and said, "Guys, I know we were playing earlier, but do you know that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. says you should never judge people by things. You know, like the color of your skin. Or the things you like and don't like. You know, like how I don't like milk on my cereal."

Really? I love that he knows about MLK, but I don't think cereal was quite what he was preaching about.


Lucky break: Our boy is a picky eater. He's willing to try things without any fuss, but so far there have only been a very few things that he tries and likes.

I put a big hunk of pork in the crockpot this afternoon for dinner tonight, and Biscuit came in and asked, "What kind of meat is that?" And y'all, I considered lying just to make sure he'd eat it!

"It's pork, and you've had it before and liked it," Jeff told him.

We got to the table, and I said, "Shoot! I forgot to make the green beans."

Biscuit grinned real big, wiped his hand across his forehead and said, "Whew!"

No comments: