Sunday, October 30, 2016

Time with my boy

It's been so crazy around here that we don't even have any Halloween decorations up yet. Which, as you can guess, probably isn't going to happen now.

Today was Jeff's 8th day in a row working, so Biscuit and I have been on our own a lot this week. And although we have our costumes ready, he and I were both talking about how we just haven't had a chance for the three of us to do anything fun this year.

So with time running out, Biscuit and I got busy making some fun Halloween candy this afternoon.

I need to get him in the kitchen more. He really enjoys it, and I've already told him I'll teach him how to cook. He can already make homemade pizza and lasagna. Maybe we have more Italian blood in us than I thought!

We had a really good time. It was just hanging out and laughing and being creative.

A while after we finished, I said to Biscuit, "Hey. I had a lot of fun with you today."

"Yeah, me, too," Biscuit said.

And I guess I said it a couple more times without thinking because the last time I said it, Biscuit responded, "I know, Mom. You told me. ... And told me again. And told me again."

"Alright, Mr. Smarty Pants," I said to him. And he responded with a giggle.

After dinner, I asked Biscuit if he wanted a piece of the candy we made.

"Yes. Yes I would," he said.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"Hmmmm," Biscuit said, thinking. "I think I'll take a four-eyed pretzel."

We both giggled, but since Jeff wasn't here when we made the candy, he just looked at both of us like we were crazy.

Here's what we made:

Four-eyed pretzel.
Do you ever feel like somebody's watching you?

White chocolate with Halloween cookies,
pretzels, candy corn and sprinkles.

Milk chocolate with Halloween cookies, pretzels, candy corn and sprinkles.

The boy loves sprinkles!

One-eyed pretzels.

See what I mean about sprinkle-crazy?

These were supposed to be a light purple. They turned
out sorta gray, which I guess is fine for Halloween.


No comments: