Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Costumes for everybody

Ever since Biscuit has been old enough to pick his own Halloween costumes, Jeff and I have tried to go along and pick costumes to match his.

One year he was a superhero, and Jeff and I were villains. One year we were all three crayons. And this year, we dressed as his latest obsession - Indiana Jones.

Biscuit's tastes tend to be older than he is, which is often frustrating. Do you know how hard it is to find action figures or T-shirts from movies that are at least 30 years old?

But oddly enough, it was really easy to find Indiana Jones Halloween costume props. I ordered Biscuit's hat, satchel and whip right off a website. And they weren't expensive, either.

Here's Biscuit as a very serious Indiana Jones.



I asked Biscuit what he wanted Jeff and me to wear, and he had Jeff's costume all figured out.

"Well, Indiana Jones' dad, Henry Jones, is in some of the movies," Biscuit said. "And since Dad is my Dad, and Henry is Indy's Dad, it would be perfect!"

"Well what could I be?" I asked Biscuit. The main woman in the first movie is Marian, Indy's girlfriend. So I couldn't be her.

Then Biscuit put on his thinking face.

"I know," I said, laughing. "Since Indiana Jones is afraid of snakes, I could dress as a snake pit."

I said it as a joke, but Biscuit loved it. So yes, for Halloween this year, I was a snake pit!

We went trick-or-treating with some friends, and Biscuit got a whole plastic pumpkin full of candy. And I would bet money that he will have forgotten all about the candy by Thursday. He just likes ringing doorbells and talking to new people.

Anyway, here's who Jeff dressed as (Indiana Jones' Dad aka Sean Connery).


And here's the three of us heading out for trick-or-treating.

No comments: