Friday, September 25, 2015

Picture day

A couple of weeks ago, I was tucking Biscuit into bed when he said, "Mom, I just wanted you to know that I think I smiled really well today."

"What happened to make you smile?" I asked him.

"Uh ... Moooom," Biscuit said. "It was picture day, remember?"

"Oh no!" I said, smacking my forehead with the palm of my hand. I had completely forgotten about picture day!

I sent my baby to school that day wearing a superhero T-shirt and red athletic shorts. His hair wasn't combed, and he really needed a haircut.

The next morning, Biscuit said, "I was thinking about it, and you know what I think?"

"What do you think?" I asked him.

"I think that even if you're not wearing your nice clothes, and even if you hair isn't combed, you can still have a really nice picture," Biscuit said.

"You know what?" I said. "You are exactly right. I bet it's going to be really nice."

Here it is:

No comments: