Saturday, September 5, 2015

A new old story

I love school supplies, especially pretty little notepads. And I have them scattered all around. I usually use them to start lists for groceries or things to do. And sometimes, I use them to jot down fun things Biscuit says.

I found one this afternoon that made me laugh out loud. This was from sometime last year during kindergarten.

Check it out:

"Mom, we read a book that said would you rather have six legs or 164 legs. Can you believe that?" Biscuit asked.

"Dude! Can you imagine if you had 164 legs, and you had to cut your toenails?!" I said.

"Whoa! It would take forever!" Biscuit said.

"Well, even if you had six legs, it would take a while," I said. "How many toenails do you have on each foot?"

"Well, I have five on each foot," Biscuit said.

"See? That's still a lot," I said.

"Let's see, Mom. That would be ... whoa! ... That would be 30 toenails," Biscuit said as he started to laugh.

"How in the world did you figure that out?" I asked him.


"Well, I have 10 toenails altogether, so I added 10 and 10 and 10," Biscuit said with authority. "See, Mom, you don't know this, but when we go outside after school, I play football with the first-graders. And they've been telling me about their math."

It was quiet after that because I had absolutely no idea what to say to that. Here's hoping he'll be better at math than me!

No comments: