Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Everything is gonna be all right

A post from The Daddy Man:


Biscuit didn't cry too much as a baby. And Kimmy and I were very thankful for that.

But when he did, Kimmy would sing to him to calm him down. She used to sing the Bob Marley song "Three Little Birds" to him.

The chorus goes, "Don't worry about a thing. 'Cause every little thing gone be all right."

It just seemed appropriate at the time.

One time when Biscuit was about 3, the song started playing on TV for some reason. Biscuit walked over to the TV and stood there staring until the song was over.

"Do you think he remembers that song?" Kimmy asked me.

"I think what he's doing right now is proof that he does," I told her.

Biscuit is old enough now to enjoy stories about when he was little, and when we told him about that song, he said he did remember it and really loved it. I'm not sure if he actually remembers it or not, but I'd like to think so.

I was giving Biscuit a shower the other night, and the song came on the radio.

"Dad, who sings this song?" asked Biscuit. 

"The man's name is Bob Marley," I said. 

"I'd like to meet that man sometime and thank him for writing that song," Biscuit said.

"Sorry, dude," I told him. "You can't meet him because Bob Marley died a long time ago. ... His son Ziggy is still alive, though, and he makes music, too. You have one of his albums."

"Well, then I'd like to meet his son," Biscuit said. 

Biscuit thought for a little while longer then asked, "Do you know where Bob Marley is buried?"

"Well, he lived in Jamaica, so he might be buried there," I said.

"Well, when we go over there, I'd like to take a really nice rose to put on his grave," Biscuit said.

I really didn't see the point of explaining where Jamaica is and that the likelihood of us going there anytime soon is slim to none. Sometimes it's okay to keep the dream alive.

No comments: