Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently: 


Cha-ching: I did my yearly clean-out last Saturday, and I am just quite pleased with myself.

I started in the kitchen. I cleaned out my spice cabinet (which also includes baking goods, sprinkles, etc.), the pantry, the fridge and the closet (I'm very lucky to have a closet in my kitchen that houses small appliances, platters, baskets, etc.). Then I moved on to my dresser, the wardrobe in the bathroom and finally, my closet.

As I was finishing up, I found some coins on the floor and put them on the bathroom counter. Biscuit got a bank for Christmas and is always on the lookout for change to put in it. So when he saw the coins in the bathroom, he said, "Mom, where did these coins come from?"

"They fell out of some pants in the closet," I told him.

Biscuit stopped dead in his tracks, looked at me with wide eyes and said, "Ooo! Did they happen to be small jeans?"

"Um, no," I said. "They did not happen to be small jeans. You can't get change out of pants that you didn't put change into. ... But if you have some pants that can create money, I'll be very excited."

Then I got the roll of the eyes. "Mo-oooom," Biscuit said with all the exasperation a 6-year-old can muster.


Sweet treat: Last week, I splurged and got a carton of chocolate milk. Biscuit and I both love "store-bought" chocolate milk. That means that it's bought chocolate, not syrup or powder that you have to stir in.

Anyway, it didn't last too long, so when Biscuit asked to have some with his PB&J over the weekend, I had to break the news to him that it was all gone.

"We drank it all," I said to Biscuit. "We don't have anymore."

Biscuit gave me a sad look and said, "Mom, that's just a shame."

Sometimes he talks too much like a 70-year-old man.


No leftovers: Last night, I baked chicken breaded in butter cracker crumbs for dinner. Chicken breasts are so giant these days that I usually pound them out and cut them in half. So the package of three chicken breasts quickly became six.

We had the leftovers for dinner tonight with different sides. And Biscuit gobbled it up.

"You seem to like this chicken, right?" I said to Biscuit. "So I can make it again sometime?"

"Um, yeah," Biscuit said. "Just not tomorrow."

So I guess he's not a fan of multiple-night leftovers.

No comments: