Sunday, November 9, 2014

Happy birthday, Biscuit!

Biscuit turned 6 years old today, and it seems hard to believe that he's been here that long. But at the same time, I can't remember what life was like before he got here. 

He's grown into this amazing little person, and I get to know him better every day.

Around here, you get to choose all the meals on your birthday, so Biscuit started his day with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with chocolate milk. And for lunch, he had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with apple juice. And for dinner, he picked pizza.

When I was planning Biscuit's party, he mentioned a couple of kids from school he'd like to invite. But the problem was that it's against the rules to send invitations to school, and I had no idea how to get in touch with either kid's parents.

Somehow, one of the moms got my email address and sent us an invitation to her son's birthday party. His birthday is on Nov. 6. I thanked her for the invitation but told her we were going to be out of town that weekend. I thought about inviting the kid to Biscuit's party, but I had bought just enough party supplies for the kids I had already invited.

I told the kid's mom that we were going to the park today to take a boat ride and asked if they would be available to meet us there. She has a 10-month-old daughter who couldn't be out as chilly as it was today, but the little boy and his dad came out.

I didn't tell Biscuit, so when he saw the kid, he was so excited.

We took a nice boat ride and looked at the pretty leaves, then gave the boys some time to play on the playground.

Biscuit was exhausted by the time we left the park. I thought he was going to fall asleep on the way to the restaurant.

When we got home, he talked on the phone to his cousins, aunt and uncle. Then Jeff gave him a bath and got him in his jammies.

Before he went to bed, Biscuit climbed up on my lap. He barely fits there anymore. I told him how happy I am that he came into my life, and I told him all the things I like best about him. And he said to me, "Mom, even when I'm a grown up, I'll still be just as nice as I am now."

And I hope he means it!

Here are some pictures from today:




Biscuit and his friend look for
birds and turtles on the lake.


It doesn't seem like that long ago when
Biscuit couldn't walk across these things.

No comments: