Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

Here are a few things Biscuit has been saying lately:

Wait for it: Jeff took Biscuit to day care the other morning, and as Jeff was getting ready to leave, Biscuit said, "Dad, I won't miss you today."

But before Jeff could get offended, Biscuit said, "I won't miss you because I know you'll come back to me."


How much?: We had chicken for dinner tonight, and Biscuit chowed down. He finished his chicken and asked for more.

"Eat your beans, and if you still want more chicken, you can have more," I said to him.

He finished his beans and asked Jeff if he would get him more chicken.

"How many pieces do you want?" Jeff asked.

"Um, TEN THOUSAND!" Biscuit said.

Jeff scooped up two strips and cut them into 10 bite-size pieces.

"Would 10 pieces be okay?" Jeff asked.

"Yeah," Biscuit said. "10 is my favorite number."

I'm glad he settled for 10. If he had eaten 10,000 pieces, I might've had to buy him new clothes.


It's contagious: I had a headache this evening, so I laid down on the couch for a few minutes.

"Mom, why are you laying down on the couch?" Biscuit asked.

"I don't feel well, baby," I said.

"I don't feel well, either, Mama," Biscuit said. "My stomach feels horrible. It's just horrible. Can I get on the couch with you?"

"Yep," I said. "Climb up here with me."

Biscuit snuggled in for all of about a minute.

"Okay, Mom," he said. "I feel better now."


Word play: We went to a restaurant over the weekend that served a fruit cup with the chicken strips kid's meal. My Mama asked what kinds of fruit were in the fruit cup, and the server listed off the ingredients.

"Cantaloupe?" Biscuit said with his voice going up about eight octaves. "She said 'cantaloupe,' Mom. I thought it was 'ANTelope.'"

"They're both right," I said. "Cantaloupe is fruit, and antelopes are animals."

Then Biscuit started singing, "Oh, give m a home, where the buffalo roam, and the deer and the cantaloupe play ..."

I pretty sure Biscuit thinks he's the first person to ever make that connection. And I'm perfectly willing to play along. My boy was grinning from ear to ear with his discovery.


Out of the blue: Jeff was changing a light bulb in the china cabinet, when Biscuit started calling him.

"Dad! Dad!" Biscuit yelled. "Come here. Come in here, Dad." 

Jeff walked into the bedroom where Biscuit was watching TV. "Dad, when I'm fast asleep, the Tooth Fairy is going to come take all my baby teeth," Biscuit said out of the blue.

"Is that so?" Jeff said.

"Yep," Biscuit said. And that was the end of that.

No comments: