Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend funnies

You thought you could only find the funnies in the Sunday paper, but our Biscuit provided the funnies at our house this weekend.

Biscuit was tugging on my arm while I was trying to send an e-mail Saturday. I told him he'd have to wait, but that's not what he wanted to hear. Jeff stole a line from one of Biscuit's books and said loudly, "I WANT SOME PEANUTS!!!"

Jeff was referring to a book that Biscuit has about manners and saying please. The little elephant who yells about the peanuts doesn't get what she wants because she's being rude and impatient.

But just from that one line, Biscuit realized exactly what Jeff was talking about, walked over to the shelf where all his books are and sorted through the 50 or so volumes until he found the exact book Jeff was quoting from.

If anyone had any doubt about whether we read to the boy or not, I think that answers the question.

Biscuit had a bath Saturday night, so when we got ready to go out and run some errands Sunday, I asked Jeff if he'd give Biscuit a quick sponge bath. But while I was in the shower, Biscuit walked over to the tub and yelled for Jeff. "Dada! Dada!"

Jeff came in the bathroom, and Biscuit pointed at the tub and said, "Wawa. Wawa, Dada." He was asking if he could have a bath. Jeff put water in the tub and gave the boy a bath. Of course, Jeff got quite a bath, too. I'm not sure who was wetter - him or Biscuit.

I told Jeff to be sure and remember Biscuit actually asking for a bath. One day soon, he'll be fighting us tooth and nail to try to get out of it.

After we ran our errands, we stopped by and got milkshakes. Mine was peanut butter fudge. As we walked into the house, the phone was ringing, and it was for me. I set my milkshake on the kitchen table and went into our bedroom to talk.

While I was still on the phone, Jeff said, "Kimmy, can you come into the kitchen?" As I walked around the corner, SOMEbody was sitting in the floor just slurping away on my peanut butter fudge milkshake! He had helped himself to a good bit of it already.

I thought the kitchen table was still out of Biscuit's reach. Apparently, I was wrong.

The one good part was that as I looked down at him, he pulled the straw out of his mouth, looked me in the eye and said, "Peas, Mama. Peas?" At least he was polite as he was stealing my treat.

Oh, and needless to say, Biscuit was bouncing off the walls from the sugar and chocolate and didn't go to bed until after 11 p.m.!

Biscuit gives us a lot to laugh at. I hope we can keep him laughing over the years the same way he does for us now.

No comments: