Thursday, July 22, 2010

Good taste or creature of habit?

Our Biscuit loves cars. Any kind of cars: real ones, Hot Wheels cars, cars on TV, cars in books. If it has wheels, he loves it.

At a wedding over Easter weekend, he actually walked up to a man in a wheelchair, grabbed one of the wheels and said, "Vroom. Vroom." I just stood there for a minute to see how the man was going to respond. He smiled, and I said, "I'm sorry. To him, anything with wheels is a car." The man smiled and said, "Sounds good to me."

We've bought him some Hot Wheels cars over the past couple of months. I know they say they're for kids 3 and older, but so far, he seems to be fine with them. He doesn't put them in his mouth.

Although, I do worry because there's a family history with Hot Wheels incidents. Jeff was dared by a cousin to stick the wheel from a Hot Wheels car in his nose. And guess what? He did it. Then his mama had to take him to the doctor to get it out. So hopefully, Biscuit won't follow in his father's footsteps as far as Hot Wheels go.

This morning, I was getting ready for work, and Jeff was brushing Biscuit's teeth. As soon as they were finished, Biscuit started asking for his cars (he pronounces it cah, like he's from Bah-ston or something). Jeff set him on the floor and said, "Go! Go get your cars," and Biscuit took off running.

Jeff said, "I'll bet money that he'll come back with a green Mustang and a gold Charger." Sure enough, that's what he brought back. He showed those cars to Jeff, then took off running again. Jeff said, "Now he's going to get the red Mustang and the yellow Charger. Those are the ones I get to play with." And sure enough again, that's exactly what he came back with. Jeff said he grabs those four every time - a Mustang and a Charger for Dada and a Mustang and a Charger for himself.

So I wonder, does he just have good taste in cars? Is he trying to appease both parents (I'm a Ford girl and Jeff is a Mopar guy)? Or if he just a creature of habit and knows what he likes? No telling.

No comments: