Sunday, January 24, 2010

We paid HOW much?!?

Biscuit started day care on Feb. 2, 2009, so basically he's been there one month shy of a year.

We can claim his day care on our tax return, so the day care office gives out payment statements in January.

Are you ready?

Do you want to know the total?

Now that I know, I wish I didn't. Where did we get all that money?

When I used to worry about whether we could afford to have children, Jeff always said, "People say you find a way to make it work." I doubted him until we got that statement.

Jeff said that the teacher of the Daddy Boot Camp class he went to told all the dads to just go ahead and accept the fact that a month of day care is equivalent to a monthly payment on a new BMW.

And on top of that, our day care is less expensive on average than many of the day care centers here.

Are you ready?

Do you want to know the total?

$7,005 ... Seven thousand and five dollars.

Where the heck was that money last year before Biscuit got here? I just keep thinking of all the things you could do, all the trips you could take, all the house payments you could skip if you had 7,000 spare dollars.

I guess the Biscuit is worth is. Well, MOST days he is, anyway!

No comments: