Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve

My definition of a good New Year's Eve has changed over the years.

It used to be that we'd spend two weeks doing research on who was going to have the biggest party, what the price of a ticket included (food, drinks, noisemakers, etc.) and who would have the best "midnight event" (balloon drop, free champagne, etc.).

But this year, here's what made me happy:

  1. I finished up at work a little early and went to Target and the grocery store BY MYSELF before I had to pick up Biscuit. Being by myself at those stores doesn't happen a lot anymore.
  2. I came home to a tasty home-cooked meal, prepared by SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME ... namely, my mother-in-law.
  3. I was actually able to stay up until midnight. The past year has not included a lot of sleep, so staying up even past 10 p.m. is a big deal for me!
  4. And last but not least, Jeff got home from covering a college basketball game at 11:55 p.m., just in time to wish me a Happy New Year and give me a kiss.

Happy New Year, everybody!

No comments: