Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New 'Do

Biscuit was starting to look like a little hippie. So we decided it was time for his first haircut.

Jeff said he'd just take him to the barber he goes to, but I wanted his first haircut to be special. I considered taking him to one of the salons that specializes in kid haircuts, but decided that the lady who cuts my hair would be the way to go.

I made back-to-back appointments for Biscuit and me. I also asked Jeff to come along so he could hold Biscuit on his lap while I took pictures.

We had no idea how Biscuit would react. But as usual, he was pretty laidback about the whole thing. He really enjoyed all the stylists and customers making a flirty fuss over him. He grinned and blinked his eyes at them.

My stylist put a drape around Jeff to keep the hair off him. Then she put a cute little green drape around Biscuit.

She started snipping, and I started snapping. I was also holding a Ziploc bag while the stylist handed over little tufts of hair.

Biscuit was a trouper. He sat still until the stylist was done. Then when she got him to stand up on Jeff's lap for the final touches, he was amazed by his own reflection in the mirrors on both sides of the salon.
In a very short time, he went from a long-haired baby to a styled little boy.


No comments: