Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gimme two steps

The moment has arrived, and now we’re in trouble. The Biscuit is starting to walk. Lock up your valuables, everybody!

Lately, when he stands, you’ll see him holding on with one hand, but when he swaps to hold on with the other hand, there’s a quick second when he’s not holding on at all. The first time Jeff and I saw this, we exchanged a look that was half “DID YOU SEE THAT?!?” and half “Lord, help us. This child is heading for trouble!” We knew that it was only a matter of time.

So one night a couple of weeks ago, Biscuit was crawling behind me as I walked from the living room to the kitchen, and he was whimpering because he couldn’t keep up with me. So when he got to the kitchen, I squatted down in the floor and helped him stand up. Then I just let go of his hands, and he took two steps right back into my arms.

It was amazing! And yes, I cried. Partly because it was so exciting and partly because I can’t believe how fast he’s growing.

He’s up to walking short distances now, and he’s starting to stand up without having to hold on to anything. It’s really funny to watch him figure out his balance when he finally makes it upright.

So watch out world, The Biscuit is mobile!

No comments: