Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Expanding the menu

Biscuit is finally starting to accept the fact that he will at some point have to eat food with texture.

Remember the "swallowing razorblades" post from last week?

Tonight for dinner, I baked him a sweet potato and added a little bit of butter and cinnamon. And I steamed some broccoli and carrots and put them in a light garlic sauce. He ate about 6 or 8 tiny bites of broccoli with no bad faces or cringes. The carrots weren't quite as well received (I can't really blame him here. I don't like carrots, either!). Then he had about 6 or 8 small bites of the sweet potato.

And for a special post-dinner treat, he had pieces of a ripe banana. I think he would've eaten the whole thing if I had let him.

But I figure his eating is like everything else. He'll get there when he's ready. And until he complains, I'll just keep shoving different foods into his little mouth.

No comments: