Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Is that a sign?!

I turned 48 in July. Lots of women fret over their age and worry about wrinkles and all that other stuff, but I'm proud of all 48 of my years. I've done a lot of stuff in my time here on Earth, and I have a lot to show for it.

I have an amazing husband who is absolutely the person I love most in this world. I have a beautiful son who is funny and kind and just crazy smart. I have family and friends and a job and a house and loads of good stuff.

I'm very, very thankful.

I'm so thankful, that the day after my birthday, I bragged on social media, saying, "Well, I didn't wake up with any new aches and pains, so it looks like 48 is going to treat me just fine!"

The next evening, we came home to find THIS on the deck railing, just outside the kitchen window! That's what I get for bragging!

Jeff and Biscuit named him Victor the Vulture.

No comments: