Thursday, December 10, 2015

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:


Old friends: Biscuit was ready to go to bed last night, but he couldn't find Stripes, his stuff tiger. 

His main-squeeze stuffed animal changes every so often, but nobody ever gets left behind. Even though he occasionally changes who he cuddles closest, all the others occupy the other side of his queen-sized bed.

It was bed time, and Stripes was nowhere to be found. 

"I'm sure Stripes is downstairs somewhere," Jeff told him. "We'll find him tomorrow."

Biscuit grabbed his bear and squeezed him tight. 

Then he said, "Come on, Teddy, it's just like old times."


Throat problems: Biscuit suffers from seasonal allergies and some sinus problems, so he often wakes up with a scratchy throat.

"I feel something weird in my throat," Biscuit said one morning. Then he held up his hand and said, "And before you say it, Mom, it isn't a frog."

"How do you know it's not a frog?" I asked him.

"Because I never put live pieces of nature in my mouth," he said quite indignantly.



A new word: Biscuit was eating his dinner tonight, and he said, "Mom, this is scrumptious!"

"What?" I said, wondering where on Earth he learned that word.

"My food is scrumptious," Biscuit said. "It's an adjective."

No comments: