Saturday, November 28, 2015

Delayed Thanksgiving

With everybody's schedule, it's just not possible for my family to gather on Thanksgiving Day. So we figured out a few years ago that the Saturday after Thanksgiving was the best day for us to get together.

We had a really nice visit and ate too much good food - ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potato casserole, dressing with giblet gravy and more! I love family gatherings, and not just for the good eats!

After everybody left, I got the kitchen cleaned up, then Jeff, Biscuit and I decided to relax in the living room. I didn't get to spend much time with Biscuit today, so he immediately came over and climbed up into my rocking chair with me.

And that's when the giggling started.

Biscuit makes this noise with his mouth that sounds almost like when you roll your R's in Spanish. I can't make the noise, so Biscuit decided that today was the time for me to learn.

He said, "Put your against your gum and move it against the other thing."

"What?!" I asked him.

"Watch, Mom," he said. But I still didn't get it.

I didn't do a good job as a student, and he thought it was quite funny!



No comments: