Thursday, September 29, 2011

Out of the mouth of my babe

 A few recent comments from Biscuit:



Tissue: "Mom, I need a tissue for my nose. I need to get the burgers out." I don't think I want to eat any "burgers" that Biscuit might put in a tissue.


Rock 'n' roll: Jeff and Biscuit were on the way home from day care. According to Biscuit, they were going fast in the green car.

Jeff put a CD in the player, and Biscuit started nodding his head to the music.

"Thanks, Dad," Biscuit said to Jeff.

"Thanks for what?" Jeff asked.

"Thanks for giving me back my rock 'n' roll," Biscuit said. "I LOVE rock 'n' roll."

 
Explaining to Dad: I overheard this conversation while Jeff was giving Griffin a bath.

Biscuit: Thanks, customer.

Jeff: What's a customer?

Biscuit: It's, it's, it's when a patient goes to see the doctor, but a customer goes to the drum store.

Jeff: Where is the drum store?

Biscuit: Right here, Dad. And you can buy drums at the drum store.


Stream of consciousness:  Biscuit and I were on the way to day care this morning, and here's what I heard from the back seat. 

"Mom, red is my favorite color. Fire trucks are red. Do you know fire trucks are red, Mom?"

We rounded a curve and drove past a fire station.

"LOOK! LOOK! There's a fire truck, Mom. No, TWO FIRE TRUCKS! TWO FIRE TRUCKS, MOM!!! Two fire trucks. Two years. I'm 2 years old. Mom, I'm 2 years old. I see two fire trucks, and I'm two years old."

He paused for about 10 or 15 seconds, then he said, "Fire trucks are red. Red is my favorite color. The fire trucks are red. Red is my favorite. There were two fire trucks, and I'm 2 years old. Red lights are red, too, Mom. We have to stop at red lights. We have to go at green lights, but green is not my favorite. Red is my favorite. Are we at day care yet?"

1 comment:

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

What did you do, give him coffee?
:)Or coke? Or COKE? :)