Monday, September 12, 2011

More new stuff

Sometimes things sneak up on you. Like, I'll suddenly realize that Biscuit is doing something he's never done before, or he's learned something new. I'm always impressed with his accomplishments, but sometimes I feel a bit guilty for not even realizing how they came to be.

Just now, I told Biscuit to wipe his hands on the paper towel beside his plate. He held his hands up and said, "Is the paper towel on my left side or my right side?"


I wasn't looking at him when he said it, so I turned and looked at him and said, "can you say that again?"


"Okay, Mom. I said, 'Is the paper towel on my left side (at which time he wiggled his left hand) or on my right side (at which time he wiggled his right hand)."


When did he learn his left and right?!?


Before we started eating dinner, I asked Biscuit to say the blessing. I'm so used to how he says it ...


"Bwess dis food for our good."


This might not seem big to some people, but tonight, Biscuit said, "Bwess THis food for our good." He's never been able to pronounce the "th" sound.


It's amazing how much little people have to learn, even before they even think about going to school.

1 comment:

Her Hollyness said...

Holy crap, he knows left and right?! OMG, magical!!!