Friday, May 22, 2009

Missing the moments

I knew when we put Biscuit in day care that there would be some moments I would miss. I knew there was the possibility of him accomplishing many firsts when I wasn't in the room. But I didn't think about him doing things for his Daddy when I wasn't home!

I came home last night and found out that Biscuit had scooted himself across the living room floor. He rolled off his play mat onto his belly and army crawled a few feet until he bonked his head on Jeff's chair. So Jeff picked him up and made a fuss (as big a fuss as Jeff makes).

When I got home, Biscuit was in Jeff's lap almost asleep. He had worked so hard that he could barely keep his eyes open.

Jeff told me what happened. And because he knows that I'm all about the details, he did a really good job of describing the whole thing to me. But still, I couldn't help but be a tiny bit sad that I wasn't here to see it.

I figure the only way I can get even is to make sure he says "mama" before he says "dada!"

No comments: