Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:

Children vs. parent: Sometimes Jeff and I look at each other and realize that our boy is sometimes more mature than both of us.

Jeff and I get tickled over stupid things, and our boy will say, "Come on, guys," and it sounds like he's the parent scolding us.

The three of us were in the car recently, and Jeff and I saw a personalized license plate on the car in front of us. I don't remember what the plate said, but it was pretty clear what it was supposed to be.

But because of the letters they used, it was very easy to find other words and phrases in it.

Without any introduction or explanation, Jeff and I just started spouting out anything we could think of.

When Biscuit was small enough for a car seat or booster seat, he could see around him. But now, when he sits on the regular seat, he can't see. So he had no idea what we were talking about.

"Excuse me," he said. "What kind of gibberish are you people speaking?!" And he sounded so outdone and so ... teacherly.

Maybe if that inventor career doesn't work out, he can find a job calling down troublemakers!



No comments: