Saturday, May 18, 2013

Out of the mouth of my husband

When Jeff and I went on our trip, we thought it would be fun to leave a little present for Biscuit for each day we were gone.

Mama gave him one each day, and when I talked to him the first day, he was very excited.

"Mom, I got a present from you and Dad," Biscuit said.

"Good! I'm glad you liked it," I said. "What was your present?"

"It's a surprise, Mom," Biscuit said. "I can't tell you."

"But Dad and I bought the presents for you," I explained. "So I know what they are. I just wanted to see which one you opened first."

"Mom, it's a surprise! I can't tell you," Biscuit said. "When do you come home?"

"We'll be back at Grandmama's on Friday," I told him.

"Then I will tell you about my surprises Friday," Biscuit said.

Anyway, one of the toys was a knight with a horse. He has removable armor and a joust.

We've been home for almost a week now, and some of the toys Biscuit got are still packed in his toy bag.

So I said to Jeff last night, "Well it's nice to know that the boy is enjoying his toys. They're still packed in his toy bag."

Jeff said, "Well, I know the knight has been out of that bag because he and E. coli had a fight last night."

I looked at Jeff, then just burst into hysterical laughter.

"Do you realize what you just said?" I asked Jeff. Of course, he was the one who decided to name that creature E. coli.

So I asked Biscuit this morning if Knight and E. coli were fighting last night.

"Yes!" Biscuit said. "E. coli was supposed to make sure everyone in the barn was safe, but he was not doing a good job. So Jessie went to check on the animals, and she fussed at E. coli for not taking good care of the animals. Then E. coli locked Jessie in the barn, and the knight went to help get her out. Then the knight and E. coli started fighting! So Jessie and the knight locked E. coli in the barn."

No wonder the knight and E. coli had a fight!

No comments: