Saturday, May 4, 2013

10 years and counting

Yesterday was mine and Jeff's 10th wedding anniversary, and neither of us can believe it's been that long.

Jeff and I met at the paper, became fast friends, then realized there was something else there. And I was the brave one who said so! And of course I don't let Jeff forget that!

We got engaged on a golf course and got married at the beach. And we have some great stories to tell about our time together.

Last year, we had talked about taking a big trip, just the two of us. Then we decided to renovate our master bathroom. That cut our trip budget back, but we still wanted to spend some time together for the occasion.

So this afternoon, we're driving to Mama's house. Then Monday morning, Jeff and I are going to the beach, just the two of us. We have an oceanfront room with a balcony, and we both decided that since we've seen all the touristy things around that area, we are going to play the whole trip by ear. As I write this, I can't even remember the name of our hotel (I guess I should write it down somewhere so we'll know where the heck we're going Monday morning!).

Biscuit is never upset when we leave him at Mama's house. He loves to stay there with Grandmama and Papa and his aunt, uncle and cousins. And it's nice for Jeff and me because we don't have to worry about leaving him.

So I'm not sure how much or even if I'll post next week, but meanwhile, here are a few pictures from our wedding ... 10 whole years ago.

And just so you know, Biscuit says that if he had been born, he would've wanted us to invite him to our wedding.

May 3, 2003 - It was cold and windy. Not quite what
we had in mind, but we did what we went there to do!



I shouldn't share this much detail, but I hadn't planned on wearing
a big ol' wedding dress. But Mama said she wanted me
to have one. We found this one for a little over $200 on the
sale rack at the same store where I got my first prom dress.

The day Jeff bought his suit, he stopped to get gas, but the pump
wouldn't work. He got about $4 worth of gas, then went to another
gas station. Then we went to buy his suit. Then we went out for lunch.
By the time he got home, Jeff had a message from his
credit card company asking if someone had stolen his card.



Our cake came from a grocery store bakery. The woman cut a sheet cake in
half and stacked it. She said she wasn't supposed to do that, but she couldn't
stand the thought of us having a sheet cake as our wedding cake. She said,
"It'll be kind of expensive, though. It's going to be at least $35."
Are you kidding me? That's a bargain!

No comments: