Sunday, February 6, 2011

Water, water everywhere

I think our son is an ocelot.

We were at the zoo today, and every time that ocelot passed a rock, tree branch, leaf or speck of dirt, he marked his territory. In the past week, Biscuit has marked Jeff and me on two different occasions.

Last week, Biscuit was lying on our bed and Jeff was drying him off after a bath. Biscuit started flailing his legs, and Jeff scolded him and told him to stop kicking. Biscuit, like most 2-year-olds, doesn't like to be scolded, so he got upset and started crying.

Jeff was in the process of standing Biscuit up to put lotion on his back, when he realized that his shirt was getting wetter and wetter. Biscuit was peeing on him. He got Jeff's shirt, the changing pad, the towel and of course, the comforter on our bed. Luckily, my washing machine will hold a king-size comforter!

Then tonight, I was sitting in the bathroom floor with
one leg folded under me while I rubbed lotion on Biscuit after his bath. All of a sudden, my folded leg started feeling really warm. We walked all day at the zoo, so I thought, "Is that some weird cramp or something in my leg?" Then I realized ... it's WET!!! HE JUST PEED ON ME!!!

We've been talking with Biscuit about potty training, but he just doesn't get it yet. We got him one of the potty seats that fits on top of a regular toilet seat. He likes to sit there, but he has no idea why he's up there.

And I've been getting the potty training question a lot. I guess because that'll be the next big milestone for Biscuit. But I just don't see any point in trying to push him into it. He'll get there when he gets there.

In the meantime, though, it seems like Jeff and I need to be more careful after bath time!

No comments: