Friday, February 18, 2011

Ride 'em, cowboy

Biscuit is a big fan of horses and cowboys right now.

He has a bouncy horse (he calls it his cowboy horse) that he loves to ride (just like the one below). As a matter of fact, if Jeff is watching a Western movie on TV, Biscuit will slide his bouncy horse out closer to the TV, then he'll get on his horse and ride as long as the TV cowboys are on their horses.

For the past hour or so, Jeff and Biscuit have been in our bedroom watching TV, and I've been in the living room watching a TV show on my computer that I missed this week. About five minutes ago, Mr. Biscuit walks in.

"Hi, Mama. I get horse. Okay?" Biscuit said.

I have to admit, it was a pivotal point in my show, so I just said okay and didn't really pay a lot of attention to what he was doing. When my show ended, I realized that Biscuit's horse was gone.

I walked into our bedroom to find his cowboy horse and cowboy hat at the foot of our bed and he and Jeff were on the bed watching "Conagher" with Sam Elliott.

Jeff said he was flipping channels and came upon the original "True Grit." Biscuit yelled "Cowboys. Horses." and wanted to watch. Jeff knew the movie would be a little too much shoot-'em-up for Biscuit, so he put the "Conagher" DVD in the player.

As soon as Biscuit saw the first horse, he asked Jeff to set him down off the bed, then he said, "Be right back, Dad."

That's when he came in the living room, grabbed his horse
and dragged it from the living room, through the dining room, through the kitchen and into our bedroom.

I think I'll go join Jeff and Griffin. I have always had a thing for cowboys!

No comments: